Young People’s Question Time
Young Wales is delighted to announce that a Young People’s Question Time event will take place on Tuesday 24th October 2017. This event, which will take place in Cardiff Bay, will be an opportunity for young people to put questions to a panel on the issues that matter to them. This will be an early evening event 5.30pm – 8pm.
- Kirsty Williams AM, Cabinet Secretary for Education. We are pleased that Kirsty Williams AM, Cabinet SEcretary for Education will be joining us for part of the evening, between 06.00pm - 06.30pm (dependent on plenary) and will be taking a couple of questions.
Question Time Chair:
- David Williams, Dr. Williams is Chair of the Board of Trustees for Children in Wales. He is the CAMHS advisor to the Welsh Government Chief Medical Officer and a member of the Programme Board for Together for Children and Young People (T4CYP).
Confirmed panellists are:
- Professor Dame Sue Bailey OBE DBE, Expert Advisor to Together 4 Children & Young People (T4CYP) – a programme set up to improve mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Steve Davies, Director of Education, Welsh Government: Steve was appointed Director of Education at Welsh Government in April 2017.
- Sally Holland, Children’s Commissioner for Wales
- Dylan Jones, Ysgol Glan Clwyd: Ysgol Glan Clwyd is one of the pioneer schools working on the health and well-being Area of Learning and Experience of the new curriculum.
A tour of the Senedd will be arranged during the after-noon, prior to the event, for those able to come earlier, followed by refreshments, before moving over to Question Time (venue to be confirmed).
Further details and booking forms will be sent out in early September. We will be asking for questions to be submitted in advance and details of how to do this will be sent out at the same time. We anticipate a high demand for this event and places will be limited.